Sunday, January 17, 2016

Dear 2015...



Dear 2015,

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to write. Honestly, I wasn't sure I would, but looking back on our brief romance, I knew I couldn't let you go without telling you how much you meant to me. 2015, with you I fell in love with the world. You showed me some of the most beautiful places, shared some of the most incredible moments, and taught me how to be the strongest, happiest version of me. I will forever look fondly on our time spent together and it is with nothing but sadness that I let go of you and move forward in this life.

I never used to understand the phrase, "All good things must come to an end," but now I think I realize that without the bad we cannot recognize the good, and while we had some of our greatest moments, 2015, we also had some of our hardest. You were there as I lost people I loved, and you gave me the only thing you could to get me through it - a new day every single day. Time. While I believe there was more good than bad that came out of this affair, in you I truly understood heartbreak.

Our split was inevitable, but the lessons you have taught me have left an impression on my heart that has forever changed me and the way I view the world. I love you 2015, and I always will, but it is time for 2016 to have his day. He has waited his turn long enough.

Love,

Em    


No comments:

Post a Comment