Thursday, January 1, 2015

It's Over, 2014. We're Done.

Dear 2014,

I consider myself to be patient and understanding and I know that sometimes we all need to be cut a little slack, but now I think it's time for me to move on. I have held so much hope that things would get better, but today it has dawned on me that you and I are nothing if not a lost cause. It wasn't all bad, but the tears I shed and the frustration I felt were just too much in the end. Truth is, you were mean. You pushed me to my limits and brought out the worst in me, and I was not happy with who I was when we were together. But you know something, 2014? I will not cry over you. You are not worth it. Instead I will stand up straight, head held high, and dive headfirst into all of the beautiful promises 2015 has made to me, because he is something you are not. He is forgiving of my previous mistakes, and you know what he has that you don't, 2014? POTENTIAL. 2015 has the potential to be the greatest love affair I have ever encountered. He will show me places I have only imagined, and he will teach me that the world is bigger than my tiny bubble that you kept me so trapped inside. He will not bring me down the way you did, 2014. Not because he is not capable, but because I will not let him.

This was how we could have been, 2014. While we shared some great times and beautiful memories, it seems our time together has run out.

Best,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment